This Notice is issued by Nobia ("Nobia", "we", "us" and "our").
Websites to which this Notice applies
This Notice applies to the following websites that are operated or controlled by Nobia:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are generally used to make websites work, to keep track of your movements within the website, to remember your login details, and so on.
There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are placed by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- Targeting/advertising cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
More information on all aspects of cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that Nobia has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
- distinguish between visitors;
- improve the use and the functionality of our website;
- tailor our website and products to your needs and preferences;
- process your purchase orders; and
- analyse how our website is used and compile anonymous and aggregate statistics.
We do not use the collected information to create visitor profiles.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies we use typically enhance our services towards you. Some of our services actually need cookies to work, others simply ensure that you get the best experience on our website. In general, we categorise our cookies and their usage as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are absolutely necessary to offer our basic services, they are usually set in response to actions made by you which amounts to a request for a service, such as logging in or filling in forms.
- Optimisation cookies provide high-level analytical information on your use of our services. They permit us to continuously refine our products and as such are also necessary.
- Preference cookies, which allow us to store preferences, such as whether to pre-fill your data or not. Without these types of cookies, we would not be able to personalize our services according to your preferences.
- Security related cookies keep our services and your data safe and secure, such as by helping us detect fraud and guarding your data. These cookies are necessary, if you set your browser to block them some parts of the site will not work.
We use marketing cookies to personalise and improve your experience with our website, in marketing emails, and in third-party advertising.
- Marketing automation: Cookies from our Marketing Automation platform enables us to be more relevant in our communication with you. Based on personal data volunteered by the user, e.g. via forms on our website, we use this information to improve the ability to deliver more relevant information on the website, and through advertising channels.
- Analytics: Analytics cookies collect information on how users interact with our website, providing us with learnings of overall interaction patterns rather than single user behaviour. This data helps us improve your experience on the website.
- Advertising: Online advertising cookies collect information on your activities and shown interest across our website enabling us to display relevant, targeted advertising in third party channels (search engines, social media and display advertising networks).
Please note that the processing of your personal data in connection with cookies, and for other purposes, is governed by our External Privacy Notice.
In addition, we may also use web beacons (or clear GIFs) and other similar technologies in addition to, or in combination with, cookies. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a website or in an email and it helps us to understand the behaviour of visitors of our website. More information on web beacons can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/beacons.html. Please note that Nobia has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
For more information please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/
How can you control cookies and web beacons?
Most internet browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Depending on your browser, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can set it to refuse them. Please refer to the 'help' button (or similar) on your browser to learn more about how you can do this.
Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our websites.
If you use different devices to access our websites, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
More information on how to manage cookies is available from: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that Nobia has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
In addition, you may opt-out from cookies by visiting the following sites and selecting which company cookies you would like to opt-out from: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Please note that Nobia has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third party websites.
Last updated: May 2018